Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Her growth was unexpected : My "Oxalis" Plant.



Tuesday greetings from my garden- "Oxalis"
                              It was really a great deal for me to hunt down this plant, Oxalis known by its scientific name- Oxalis triangularis. Hailing from the Oxalidaceae family, it is an edible perennial plant which is typically a houseplant and more popularly a pot plant. They are commonly called Oxalis, but most of the people are ignorant about the name of this plant, however extremely intrigued by its beauty.       
                                         I excessively fell head over heels when i saw this on my search engine. The leaves of the plants are purple in color and resembles more like butterflies; even when the leaves are open or shut. Other names available for this beauty are False Shamrock, Love Plant and Purple Shamrock.                                                                                                                                      Following the time when i was infatuated with nature and plants, i unmistakably knew what number of plant nurseries had its establishes in Kollam. Yet it's extremely hard to discover and gather exotic plants here. My hope to own this purple leafy was turned down when i found that it was a new plant to the one's who had run the 8 nurseries, i approached. I was in an elate state when  i found the plant in the last nursery i knew, despite the fact that it hinted at beginning to grow.

                     There is one thing with these people who sell plants. Once when you urge for a particular plant, there they stand hammering a bid. Of course, it is their business but there should be some ethical treatment. Persuading him to leave that plant to me was simple in light of the fact that i was one of his plant darling client. That saved me to get his only "Oxalis" plant( even though he never knew nothing about it ) in his nursery. But the fact was that he charged me Rs.150 for a small two leaf sprouting plant. 

I don't regret buying it because now it has grown this much with a vibrant color combination and more that than it bloomed today. Nothing gives me so much of positive vitality than plants and when it is exotic like an ''Oxalis"; i am dumb stuck with its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment