Saturday, September 20, 2014

"An Anonymous Gift"



                       A fresh Saturday morning greeted me with a call from a Courier Agency. Because it was an unknown number, i resisted to take the call at first but when it rang again, i attended it. I am never used to attending calls from unknown numbers but when it rings again, i know it's an instance of urgency. A guy named Rahul was on the other end, asking me the directions to my office to deliver what was supposed to be delivered him.


"Are you sure that the recipient of the courier read,'Maria Cluston Cletus ?", I asked him.

"Yes Sir, it is. Furthermore your address reads,'Alphonse & Co, Chartered Accountants, Bishop Jerome Nagar, Kollam", he replied.

"Yeah, that's my office address. But I didn't order anything recently.", I said with a mix of doubt and concern in my words.

"Anyway it has to be delivered Sir and it is neither an item under COD nor it carries the sender's address", he cleared his side.

"That's Ok, I will have a look when you get me the courier", saying this I ended the conversation.

Now that was absurd. Letting my cerebrum a decent practice to think about any conceivable circumstances in the matter of who may have send me that courier was defenseless. By 10.45 A.M, I received a call from him that he is waiting for me downstairs. I went to collect it and found that it was directed right away to me but the sender's name was anonymous. 

Positively it was a book, i realized that from the way it was wrapped up. Thanking him, i got back to my office and discovered a SUDHA MURTHY's book, "THE MOTHER I NEVER KNEW". A book that was not in my collection of Sudha Murthy's and which i was probably wanting to purchase later when finance meets hands. I was dumb stuck. Truly blissful to get a book gifted however dismal in the meantime, when i don't have the sender to express my words of thanks of much obliged. . 

Whoever it is, you made my day. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment