Saturday, July 23, 2016

Monsoon Diaries- V # Threads



                                                                              A thousand thoughts kept ringing in my head. But I was unable to fix myself on a certain thought. 
It was raining outside. I sat near the table in my room with a hot cup of tea trying to take a single thread from a series of intricate thoughts which played hide and seek in my mind.
It was getting cold. I felt the strange sort of numbness in my body. The pitter-patter sound of the rain invited me to feel its kiss. 
Have I not had the ailment sucking my life away from me, I would have let myself to be completely get drenched in the rain. Maybe that could have eased my pain out momentarily.
For people who looked from outside, I was one of those wares displayed in a shop for sale, as I sat near a glass window. All I could do was to peep out and feel the rain and its atmosphere non-physically. 
I could see some guys having their time in a harsh monsoon evening; playfully pushing and splashing water against each other. An old lady crossed the road walking slowing under the shade of her parasol, carefully not to be bothered by the rain. Old age must have made her cautious of the nature. 
While a man so sober in his facial expression, who stood under the shelter of Amore D Cafe was enjoying the puff he took from his half-finished cigarette amidst the peltering rain.
I wished with my whole heart to be out there, to wade through the flooded places outside my home, to be like the guys of my age who had their fun time together.  I sat disheartened on the chair, sipping from the cup of tea counting my days of existence till the small pain in my chest could engulf me to be carried away finally on a monsoon day!
Till then I could do was to blink, looking at the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment