Thursday, February 02, 2017

Karl Ove Knausgard : My unclear reflection


                                            "I have no problem with uninteresting or unoriginal people – they may have other, more important attributes, such as warmth, consideration, friendliness, a sense of humor or talents such as being able to make a conversation flow to generate an atmosphere of ease around them, or the ability to make a family function – but I feel almost physically ill in the presence of boring people who consider themselves especially interesting and who blow their own trumpets.” 

It was ever since I came across Karl Ove Knausgard, I began to realize the pain and frankness in his words. 

                     “All my adult life I have kept a distance from other people, it has been my way of coping, because I become so incredibly close to others in my thoughts and feelings of course, they only have to look away dismissively for a storm to break inside me.”  

I see him as a never ending phenomenon; where he acts not as a person but as a life of events. That's how his writings have transported me to be what is known as a state of extreme truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment