Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Monsoon Diaries-VII# Smell of rain

Petrichor
***
I sat outside in the balcony of my home, to see and feel the rains pass down in a hurry and the wind blowing at it's rage. My dog sits near my leg and enjoys what I have been feeling for the past ten minutes.

It's beautiful...the showers that nature bestows on the bare earth.


I can barely tell you since when I felt the rain or I sensed it's smell.
Maybe the rain is trying to play with me by sprinkling its drops over me. I don't try to block it either instead thrusts my face to feel it. My dog seems to be irritated by the water falling over him. He shakes its off and stands behind my chair, reckoning me to go inside.

I, on the other hand sits on the chair, determined to get soaked in rain. But all of a sudden, I can smell something too. The pleasant smell that it brings forth after a long gap of rainy days. As of now, it still lingers in my nose; not having the faintest idea why it's not leaving me....

Maybe I have craved for it, for a long time. The rain and its smell....

No comments:

Post a Comment