Wednesday, May 06, 2015

"Ruminations on Mortality"

                                        
                                                                Death...How should I define you? I can’t picturise in what form and in what way you may silently steal me by whispering in my ears. I know for obvious reasons that you are the end result of the slips and betrayal of my life.  

       Aren't you acquainted with life? Of course you are. Because I think it is the road of life that finally leads to your calm castle of clueless obscurity. You are well aware that the road of life is not just a plain path. It is an adventure. An adventure that has many possessions, hope, longing, passion, expectations, worries, anxiety, love, lust, concern and a lot more of a fancy materialistic world. Why would you want to ambush people into your kingdom after this fiesta of life?

      Are you an entity or a delusion? My body doesn't shiver at your thought nor am I afraid to see your countenance. A blemished and strained life would never be afraid to feel you. Before your dull shroud could cover my mortal self and run away to your realm, I would want to stop you for a moment if you would allow the last wish of an insatiated soul.

      My youth may be glum but my heart pumps blood. My eyes may have lost its shine but it saw the world to a level of 24 years. Your low voice reverberates in my ears. They are profound and surreptitious but they don’t unburden me the answers to the reservations of a scarred life. I can hear you here and there when my musings fall on in a steady progression.

     I know that once you will come to me without sounding harsh and invite me to your territory to unveil yourself and your being.


No comments:

Post a Comment